scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ style=”border:none; overflow:hidden; width:100px; height:27px;” allowTransparency=”true”>
Holy Chocolate Cake Batman…it’s my all new YouTube channel!!! To celebrate we’re making a CHOCOLATE CAKE OF AMAZEMENT…ahhhhhhhhhhh…
SUPER SIMPLE AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!!
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (preferably Dutch cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 75g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125G softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa (preferably Dutch cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a 20cm (8 inch) cake pan with butter. Line the bottom with baking paper and dust the pan with cocoa to prevent the cake from sticking to the tin.
- Put your sugar into a medium sized bowl. Sieve in the self raising flour, cocoa and salt.
- Stir with a spoon or whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Add your eggs, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Beat with electric beaters for about three minutes.
- Pour the mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for approxiately 40 minutes, or until the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in its pan for about 15 minutes and then invert it onto a wire rack to cool down completely. While the cake is cooling, prepare the icing.
- To make the icing, place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand alone mixer. Beat for up to 8 minutes or until the icing is really light and fluffy. (If you don’t have a stand alone mixer, use electric hand-held beaters.) Stop your mixing intermittently to scrape down the sides of the bowl, making sure all ingredients are being incorporated.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread the icing over the top and down the sides of the cake.
- Find the local street urchins and feed the cake to them!
- Store your cake in a cool, dark place. It should stay fresh for at least 3 days before it starts to deteriorate in quality.